I'm not really sure why this recipe is called "classic" as it is very much an updated and healthier version.
The original recipe calls for margarine, but the body processes butter (organic, please) quicker and more effectively.
3/4 cup sucanat (cane sugar)
1/3 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 - 1 1/2 cups chocolate or carob chips
1/3 cup oil
3 tbsp water
2 cups unbleached flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Stir together sucanat, butter, oil, water and vanilla.
3. In another bowl stir flours, baking soda and salt.
4. Add this mixture and the chips to the butter mixture. Mix until thoroughly mixed together.
5. Make spoon size balls and flatten them with a fork.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
7. Try not to eat all in one sitting.