One of my favorite combinations is chocolate and orange. Mix these two ingredients into a cheesecake and you have perfection.
The secret to the creamiest cheesecake ever is to use organics. They make the biggest difference in this kind of textured dessert.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Chilling Time: 3 hours
Calories Per Serving: 460 to 555
1 1/3 cups crushed chocolate wafers
1/3 cup melted butter
(or look for a pre-made chocolate crust in places like Whole Foods - you may end up with left-over filling if using a pre-made one)
1 pound softened cream cheese
(try using a lower fat organic option)
2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp orange juice concentrate
2 tbsp orange liqueur
6 oz semisweet chocolate
1 oz bitter chocolate
2 large eggs
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp valilla
(the recipe calls for 2 tbsp icing sugar, but I omit it)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To prepare crust, combine crushed wafers and melted butter and press into a 9-inch spring-form pan.
3. Bake five minutes and cool.
4. To make filling, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, orange juice concentrate and orange liqueur in a bowl and beat until smooth.
5. Melt semi-sweet and bitter chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over hot water. Add to cheese mixture, beating until smooth.
6. Add eggs and beat five minutes.
7. Pour mixture into crust and bake 35 to 40 minutes.
8. Allow cake to cool to room temperature, then chill about two hours.
9. To make topping, beat whipping cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread or pipe over chilled cake.
10. Chill one hour before serving.
Serves 10 to 12 (or in my case 1!)